Michael Stark (Post-Doc)
- Our work on occlusion-aware object class detection (OC-DPM) won the detection and viewpoint estimation competition for the car object class of the Reconstruction Meets Recognition (RMRC) Challenge held in connection with ICCV'13.
- I will be co-organizing the 4th International IEEE Workshop on 3D Representation and Recognition (3dRR-13), collocated with ICCV'13, together with Min Sun (University of Washington) and Silvio Savarese (Stanford University).
- I am now Visiting Assistant Professor at Stanford University, as part of the Max Planck Center for Visual Computing and Communication (MPC-VCC). I am working on Visual Object Recognition and Scene Interpretationwith Prof. Daphne Koller.
- Object Class Recognition
- Probabilistic Models
- Machine Learning
- Marcus Rohrbach. Visual Knowledge Transfer Using Semantic Relatedness Measures
- Sandra Ebert. Dirichlet Process Mixture Models for Object Category Recognition
- Philipp Lies. Extracting Affordance Cues from Observed Human-Object Interactions
- Sebastian Schneider. Discovering Interaction Points on Objects using Human Hand Tracking
- Winter Semester 2007/2008: Introduction to Computer Science 1 (Lab exercises)
- Summer Semester 2007: Advanced Programming Techniques in Computer Vision (Exercises)
- Winter Semester 2006/2007: Introduction to Computer Science 1 (Lab exercises)
Awards and Honors
- 2014: ECCV 2014 Outstanding Reviewer Award
- 2013: ICCV 2013 Best Reviewer Award
- 2013: CVPR 2013 Outstanding Reviewer Award
- 2011: Best Paper Award, 3rd International IEEE Workshop on 3D Representation for Recognition (3dRR-11), Barcelona, Spain, 2011
- 2011: CVPR 2011 Best Reviewer Award
- 2010: Honorable mention for the Fraunhofer IGD Selected Readings in Computer Graphics 2009 best paper award (for our ICCV'09 paper)
- 2010: Honorable mention for the Fraunhofer IGD Selected Readings in Computer Graphics 2009 best paper award (for our 3dRR-09 paper)
- 2009: Best Paper Award, 2nd International IEEE Workshop on 3D Representation for Recognition (3dRR-09), Kyoto, Japan, 2009
2003 - 2005: Support by German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes)
- Cognitive Systems for Cognitive Assistants (CoSy)
- Research Associate at Fraunhofer Integrated Information and Publication Systems Institute (IPSI), division Data Mining (MINE)
- Research Internship at AT&T Labs, Florham Park, New Jersey, USA
My Erdös Number is at most 4 (via Noga Alon, Dan Suciu, Mary Fernandez).
Stanford University, DAGS
See list of publications