YAGO2s: A High-Quality Knowledge Base
YAGO2s is a huge semantic knowledge base, derived from Wikipedia WordNet and GeoNames. Currently, YAGO2s has knowledge of more than 10 million entities (like persons, organizations, cities, etc.) and contains more than 120 million facts about these entities.
YAGO is special in several ways:
- The accuracy of YAGO has been manually evaluated, proving a confirmed accuracy of 95%. Every relation is annotated with its confidence value.
- YAGO combines the clean taxonomy of WordNet with the richness of the Wikipedia category system, assigning the entities to more than 350,000 classes.
- YAGO is an ontology that is anchored in time and space. YAGO attaches a temporal dimension and a spacial dimension to many of its facts and entities.
- In addition to a taxonomy, YAGO has thematic domains such as "music" or "science" from WordNet Domains.
- [March 22, 2013]
The demo about the functionalities of YAGO2s got accepted for WWW 2013. See the webpage for detailed info!
- [Dec 3, 2012]
New demo paper about YAGO2s at BTW 2013
- [Oct 16, 2012]
The new version of YAGO, YAGO2s, is out! YAGO2s brings a number of exciting novelties.
- [Mar 23, 2012]
Our journal article on YAGO2 got accepted for the special issue of the AI journal.
- [Nov 20, 2011]
OpenLink is hosting YAGO2 (see here for examples)
- Joanna Biega, Erdal Kuzey, Fabian M. Suchanek
Inside YAGO2s: A Transparent Information Extraction Architecture (pdf)
Demo at WWW 2013.
- Johannes Hoffart, Fabian Suchanek, Klaus Berberich, Gerhard Weikum
YAGO2: A Spatially and Temporally Enhanced Knowledge Base from Wikipedia (pdf)
Special issue of the Artificial Intelligence Journal, 2013
- Johannes Hoffart, Fabian M. Suchanek, Klaus Berberich, Edwin Lewis Kelham, Gerard de Melo, and Gerhard Weikum
YAGO2: Exploring and Querying World Knowledge in Time, Space, Context, and Many Languages (pdf)
Demo paper in the proceedings of the 20th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2011)
Hyderabad, India, 2011
- Fabian M. Suchanek, Gjergji Kasneci and Gerhard Weikum
Yago - A Core of Semantic Knowledge (pdf, bib, ppt)
16th international World Wide Web conference (WWW 2007)
The People behind YAGO
YAGO2s is part of the YAGO-NAGA project at the Max Planck Institute for Informatics in Saarbrücken/Germany. It is maintained jointly by the Databases and Information Systems Group and the Ontologies Group.
Please find more information about YAGO in the tabs above. If you have any questions about the project, please send a mail to NameOfTheOntology@mpi-inf.mpg.de.