YAGO2s: A High-Quality Knowledge Base
YAGO as Linked Open Data
YAGO2 is part of the linked data cloud. We are linked directly to DBpedia. You can download these links.
- sameAs-links between the classes of DBpedia and YAGO2s: TTL or TSV
- sameAs-links between the individuals of YAGO2s and the YAGO-based classes of DBpedia: TTL or TSV
- subClassOf-links between the classes of YAGO2s and the manual ontology classes of DBpedia: download as TSV (with precision), download as RDF/TTL (cut at 60% precision). These links have been computed automatically by the PARIS project and are not 100% accurate.
- subPropertyOf-links between the relations of YAGO2s and the manual ontology properties of DBpedia: download as TSV (with precision), download as RDF/TTL (cut at 40% precision). These links have been computed automatically by the PARIS project. They are not perfect, but of very reasonable quality.
YAGO is also linked to Freebase:
The namespace of YAGO is http://yago-knowledge.org/resource/.
YAGO is being used in numerous projects around the globe:
- Ontology Construction projects
- The SUMO Ontology is a highly axiomized manually created ontology.
SUMO and YAGO have been merged in the YAGO-SUMO project.
- DBpedia is a community effort to extract structured information from Wikipedia.
YAGO contributes a taxomic backbone to DBpedia.
- The Linking Open Data Initiative aims to
interlink existing ontologies through Web services.
By help from our friends at DBpedia, YAGO is part of this initiative.
- The UMBEL ontology aims to provide a lightweight structure of subject concepts as a reference to what Web content or data "is about".
YAGO contributes the entities to UMBEL.
- Freebase is a community-based approach to ontologies.
YAGO technology has been exported to Freebase.
- Other Projects of which we know
- The Jeopardy contestant WATSON uses YAGO (see hera and this article)
- The SPASS YAGO reasoner can perform automated reasoning on YAGO.
- Our YAGO-NAGA project addresses a wide range of key challenges in the area of semantic information processing.
See links on the left for the works in this project.
- The Broccoli search engine combines full text search with semantic search on YAGO.
- Have a project that we could list? Drop us a mail to nameOfTheOntology@mpii.de!