Open positions - PhD candidates
We are looking for motivated individuals to start as PhD candidates in the Artificial Intelligence aided Design and Manufacturing Group. Currently, the group's research lies at the intersection of machine learning and computational manufacturing. Strong applicants with a master degree (or those approaching the end of their master studies) in computer science or related fields are encouraged to apply. Research background in one of the following areas is desired: machine learning, computer graphics (with a preference for rendering), and computer vision. Solid skills in mathematics and related programming languages (e.g., Python) are also required.
Please send your application or any inquiry to Dr. Vahid Babaei (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application should include a CV and copy of transcripts.
Offers and Vacancies in the Computer Graphics Group
The interests of the research group members cover a large portion of computer graphics and are described in more detail on the pages of the different research groups. The group consists mainly of young researchers of various nationalities. Our working language is English. The group collaborates with several of the major research institutions in Europe and USA and has a high international visibility. There is generous travel support available for all group members.
We are looking for applicants in areas of computer graphics. For some specific topics where we are particularly looking for new group members refer to the pages of the different research groups. Applicants working in our group are expected to interact with group members and are encouraged to initiate research in their individual areas of specialization.
The Max-Planck-Society intends to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applications are possible for various different positions:
- Long Term Visits
- Postdoc Positions
- Research Fellowships (external funding)
- Applications for Ph.D. Positions
- Bachelor Theses and Master Theses
- HiWi Positions
Applications for Long Term Visits
If you would like to visit the Computer Graphics Group for an extended period of time, send your CV and a short description of your plans for the visit to Hans-Peter Seidel.
Applications for Postdoc Positions
Postdoctoral fellowships are available for one or two years. Applications (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research plan, names of three references with their e-mail addresses, and intended period of stay) should be sent to Hans-Peter Seidel who can also be addressed for further information.
Applications for Research Fellowships (External)
Potential postdoctoral fellows and long term visitors may also consider applying for fellowships from external sources. In particular, the institute has already hosted scientists with
- Marie Curie Fellowships from the European Commission.
- Humboldt Research Fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
You may also consider fellowships offered by organizations from your home country or by the DAAD the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst. For external fellowships, the institute will provide the necessary support as a host site to an application from a qualified individual with an appropriate research plan.
Applications for Ph.D. Positions
The institute is participating in the Ph.D. programmes of the International Max Planck Research School and of the Graduate School of Computer Science of the Universität des Saarlandes.
The group's Ph.D. students are supported by several sources:
- Ph.D. scholarships offered by the International Max Planck Research School for students of all nationalities. You can start at MPII as soon as you have a Bachelor's degree.
- Ph.D. scholarships directly granted by the Max-Planck-Institute. Anybody can apply here but it makes most sense if you already have a concrete area of research in mind where you think that our research group would be a good place to work in that area. Perhaps you even want to contact a particular person in our group about this topic. To apply, send your CV, list of publications and/or reports, a copy of your Master's thesis and relevant papers, and two letters of recommendation to Hans-Peter Seidel.
- Ph.D. scholarships granted by the Graduate School of Computer Science of the Universität des Saarlandes
- Ph.D. scholarships granted by companies or foundations.
Applications for Bachelor Theses and Master Theses
Current offers are available on the pages of the different research groups. We also encourage students to directly contact one of the members of the Computer Graphics Group if they are interested in a specific topic even if there is currently no specific offer posted.
Applications for Hiwi Positions
Current offers are available on the pages of the different research groups.
We also encourage students to directly contact one of the members of the Computer Graphics Group if they are interested in a specific topic even if there is currently no specific offer posted.
Applications for Internships
Currently, there are no positions available.