1. Do not cancel appointments with your therapist if you are already undergoing treatment (if you are not quarantined and if being outside is safe for you and members of your household)
2. Try to stick to a daily routine (go to sleep, get up, and eat at your usual times)
3. Eat balanced meals
4. Stay active
7. Support others
- exercise (you can find workouts to do at home)
engage in activities you enjoy
maybe try something new
go for a walk (if you are not quarantined and if being outside is safe for you and members of your household)
- take a bath
learn self-massage techniques
- call friends and family members on the phone
hold video-conferences with your friends, family, and co-workers
take walks together (this is safe, as long as you keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m)
- There are a lot initiatives to support local people in high risk groups:
NOTE: please contact these sites if you need help!
8. Dealing with the media
9. Seek support
- pick specific times to check the news
use realiable sources
do not spread fake news
Please take care of yourselves and act responsibly! Remember, the situation will not last forever.
The Max Planck Society offers an 24/7 available Anonymous Assistance Program for Mental Questions by the private counseling organisation "Fürstenberg Institute":
It is called EMAP, the "Employee and Manager Assistance Program".
You will find the contact at the MPS Intranet Site about counseling offers.
It may have sense to look at the suggestions for being counseled with different kinds of conflicts first.