|Date||Speaker 1||Speaker 2||Comments|
|24.09.20||Jae Shin Yoon||Ayush Tewari|
|15.10.20||Ana Serrano||Kripasindhu Karpar|
|22.10.20||Edgar Tretschk||Mengyu Chu|
|05.11.20||Vahid Babaei||Mohamed Elgharib|
|03.12.20||CVPR fast forward I|
|10.12.20||CVPR fast forward II|
|17.12.20||no talks||xmas break|
|04.02.21||Invited Speaker:||Philip Herholz ETH||tentative|
|04.02.21||Mojtaba Bemana||Jian Wang|
|11.02.21||Karol Myzskowski||Gurprit Singh|
|18.02.21||Jiayi Wang||Jozef Hladky|
|25.02.21||Gereon Fox||Ugur Cogalan|
|04.03.21||Quan Zheng||Ikhsanul Habibie|
|11.03.21||Tung Doan||Vladislav Golyanik|
|18.03.21||Lingjie Liu||Krysztof Wolski|
|25.03.21||Soshi Shimada||Yue Jiang|
|Date||Talk 1||Talk 2|
|02.04.20||Vladislav||Quan - postponed|
|09.04.20||Gurprit||Jiayi - postponed|
|16.04.20||Kryzsztof - postponed|
|23.04.20||Lingjie - postponed||?|
|14.05.20||Mallikarjun - postponed|
|28.05.20||Elena - cancelled||Soshi - postponed|
|04.06.20||Gereon||Mallikarjun - postponed|
|18.06.20||External Speaker Frank R. Schmidt||Lingjie - rescheduled|
|25.06.20||Siggraph Asia/NIPS Submission Show||Kripa/Soshi - rescheduled|
|09.07.20||no talks||Rhaleb/Karol - cancelled|
CGLunch is a weekly seminar where we discuss ongoing or upcoming work - in general half-baked ideas. The purpose of the meeting is to foster the flow of ideas, stimulate collaboration within the group, and for the presenter to get qualified feed-back during early stages of a project. Preliminary results are very welcome but CGLunch is the wrong forum for presentations on submitted papers or practice talks.
As the name suggests we will provide some food (in order to save your precious time).
Everybody in the graphics group gives a CGLunch talk and you are responsible to fill your assigned slot. If you for whatever reason know that you will not be able to present at the assigned date contact Renjie Chen.
Your presentation should not exceed 15 minutes plus additional Q&A. Please send title and abstract of your talk one day in advance.
Here are some guidelines you should follow when you are preparing a CG Lunch talk:
- Your talk should discuss ongoing or upcoming work.
- Your talk should end with a list of open questions, which you want to discuss with the group.
- CGLunch is the wrong forum for presentations on submitted papers or practice talks.
- If you are new to the group, it is a good idea, if you present former work in order to introduce it to the group. However, you should at least have one slide that explains your planed projects.
- Give a short presentation of max. 15 minutes. If you have more than 10-15 slides your presentation is too long!
- Many people within the group work on different projects and there are always people who are new to the group. Therefore, it is extremely important that you prepare the talk on a level that everybody can follow. In the first part of your talk you should explain your idea/project on a level, which can be understood by people with little computer graphics background.
- If you think a formula is necessary, please plan extra time to explain it in detail.
11:15 Two talks (11:30) If there is only one talk 12:00 Food and Discussion