As of October 2017 I have joined UC Berkeley as a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Trevor Darrell.
My new homepage is here.
- Computer Vision
- Computational Linguistics
- Machine Learning
2012-2017 PhD in Computer Science -- Saarland University (Germany)
2008-2010 M.Sc in Applied Mathematics -- Odessa I.I.Mechnikov National University (Ukraine)
See my Google Scholar web-page for the complete list of publications.
- I am honored to be a recipient of Otto Hahn Medal for 2017.
- Our Joint Video and Language Understanding Workshop: MovieQA and The Large Scale Movie Description Challenge (LSMDC) at ICCV 2017 (Venice, Italy) was featured in the ICCV Daily magazine.
- Our paper on "Generating descriptions with grounded and co-referenced people" was featured in the BEST OF CVPR 2017 in Computer Vision News.
- Our paper on "Grounding of textual phrases in images by reconstruction" was selected for an oral presentation at ECCV 2016, the video of the talk is available here.
- MaxPlanckResearch magazine writes about our work on video description.
- I co-organize a "Joint 2nd Workshop on Storytelling with Images and Videos (VisStory) and Large Scale Movie Description and Understanding Challenge (LSMDC 2016)" in conjunction with ECCV 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.