This site hosts the MPII (Max Planck Institute for Informatics) Cooking Activities dataset as well the corresponding publications  and code.
Please contact us if you have questions
- 21/01/14: added MATLAB code for sift-based part tracker
- 13/09/26: updated pose challenge (version 1.1): Test frames now contain ids where to find them in full dataset.
- 13/09/25: added continous pose challenge
- 13/09/20: added 3D pose challenge 
- 13/09: added detection results for download
The data is only to be used for scientific purposes and must not be republished other than by the Max Planck Institute for Informatics. The scientific use includes processing the data and showing it in publications and presentations. When using it please cite .
Activity Recognition dataset
- Raw data
- Video features
Evaluation Code and data
- code (version 1.0)
- data (version 1.0): includes our classification and detection results to produce the tables in the paper
- ground truth annotations
Continous pose challenge
Continous frames labeled with human pose (no published results on this so far).
Matlab Code for SIFT based Part Tracker
We highly recommend a download manager which allows to continue interrupted downloads, under Linux you could try wget.
The authors would like to thank the annotators for the effort they put into this project, among others:
Seyed Mehdi Khodadad Hosseini, and Dragana Majstorovic
The dataset was recorded with a camera system from 4D View Solutions.
Help & Contact
If you need any help or have any suggestions feel free to contact Marcus Rohrbach.
We are looking forward to hear from your success of using the dataset.
Feel free to subsribe to our mailing list to get updates (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Related datasets of our group
- MPII Cooking Composite Activities (a superset focusing on classification of composed activites)
- Saarbrücken Corpus of Textually Annotated Cooking Scenes (short: TACoS) textual descriptions for MPII Cooking Composite Activities
- MPII Multi-Kinect Dataset: Multi-view kinect object classification, recorded in the same kitchen
 A Database for Fine Grained Activity Detection of Cooking Activities, M. Rohrbach, S. Amin, M. Andriluka and B. Schiele, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June, (2012)
 Multi-View Pictorial Structures for 3D Human Pose Estimation, S. Amin, M. Andriluka, M. Rohrbach and B. Schiele, British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), September, (2013)