YAGO can only be so large because it is based on other sources. We would like to thank
- the numerous voluntary editors of Wikipedia.
Thank you for giving mankind such a wonderful huge encyclopedia!
- the creators of WordNet.
Thank you for organizing and analyzing the English language in such a diligent way and thank you for making your work available for free!
- the creators and contributers of GeoNames for collecting a huge number of geographical locations and allowing the reuse of their work!
YAGO has benefited from many contributors. In particular, the following people deserve our thanks:
- The numerous volunteers who reported bugs in the YAGO ontology
- The DBPedia team for integrating the YAGO taxonomy into the DBPedia project
- Mike Bergman for his numerous helpful comments on YAGO
- Frederick Giasson for his substantial help with the RDFS converter